Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Decorating with Paint - 1

Do you want to freshen up a room with a new paint color?  Add new color accents to a neutral room with pillows, window treatments or upholstery fabric?  I am selecting some colors for a room I am designing and I needed some inspiration.  Currently, the room is a blank slate, so I have the opportunity to add color with paint, fabric and artwork.  The first place I checked out was the Benjamin Moore website to see their forecast of colors and was pleasantly surprised with all the color options and interesting color combinations they provided.

The trend colors for the 2012 section gave me ideas of new colors to mix together.  I noticed that gray, teal and burgundy/purple colors are very current.  Neutrals are always needed and Benjamin Moore helps you use them in different ways.




 








 
The two rooms above us the same color pallet, but in completely different approaches.  I like the dark trim in the first photo.  It is a unique twist from the traditional white or off white trim color.  The second picture has a sky blue ceiling with the dark walls.  This adds an extra dash of color and life to the dark green room.  The same colors were used in both rooms, but they have been used in varying locations.
 
 
 
The two views of this mirrored chest and artwork look completely different, even though the grouping of colors is the same.  The difference is the dominant color on the wall.  The first photo has a blue wall with red and dark taupe accent colors in the twigs.  The second photo uses the dark taupe on the wall and blue and red accents in the artwork and accessories.  I like that the same chest can have a traditional look and a more contemporary look just by changing a few accessories.

The Benjamin Moore website was fun to use for new ideas.  The 2012 trend colors can be viewed using the link provided.  http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/for-your-home/color-trends-2012;jsessionid=HvJ1QpnBPNplk1xSzrKhQdKvz4W6H32J3bCNdDLDpJ3Qgvs8nJ3S!1556887689!NONE

I also viewed the Sherwin Williams website.  I will let you know what I found on this site next.

 Dotty Wyman is the principal designer at www.dottywymandesigns.com. Also, like me at www.facebook.com/dottywymandesigns.


No comments:

Post a Comment