Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christmas Decorating - playful window

When decorating for the holidays you want everything to look perfect, but don't forget to have a little fun.  I have created a simple treatment for this kitchen's box window that everyone will enjoy, especially the kids. 


These handmade inspired plush decorations look great grouped off to one side of the window looking at a simple pine tree. Each of the three characters I put together has similar colors, but they are not exactly the same. The reindeer came from a different collection and it adds some interest and keeps the grouping from looking like it is a matched set. Also, notice each of the characters is a different height. Grouped decorations always seem to work better when each has a different height.  The little Christmas tree off to the left fills the remaining space of the large window sill.

Another idea for this group of characters is to put them on your fireplace.  You could put the trio on either end of the mantel and hang your stocking in the center.  Adding some burlap fabric, gathered up in places would add to the rustic feel of this decoration as well.

Keeping things simple keeps the stress away.  These whimsical decorations make me smile every time I look at them.  I guess that's why I put them on my kitchen window.  They were not expensive and very accessible.  The characters are at T.J. Maxx and I got the tree at Target.

Have fun.





Dotty Wyman is the principal designer at www.dottywymandesigns.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment